In the latest updates Windows 10 enabled by default Windows Defender Credential Guard (Windows Defender Account Protection) and it may happen that previously prepared virtual machines do not start in VMware Workstation or Hyper v.
I will not dwell on what kind of technology, because the purpose of this note is to simply and reliably disable the new security function and thereby correct the error: “VMware Workstation and Device / Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device / Credential Guard«.
When you start an incompatible VM, this warning appears and immediately there is a link to the official manual for fixing this problem. There, the process of enabling and disabling Account Protection is described step by step, but the fastest and safest option is hidden at the very end of the note - well, let's fix the situation.
- Download the official script set - Windows Defender Credential Guard hardware readiness tool - microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx? > In our example, the key to automatically reboot the system is used:
After the reboot, we can still start the virtual machines in VMware Workstation in our beloved Windows 10 😉
Found a mistake in the text? Select a piece of text and press Ctrl + Enter
About the program
You can protect your tablet or smartphone on Android from all kinds of advertising, web tracking and even insidious viruses with just one program. We are talking about WebGuard - a convenient and compact antivirus that takes care of the safety of you and your device.
It controls your traffic, works with more than 130 browsers on Android (can you name a dozen without hesitation?), Uses a special VPN channel and functions almost without user intervention. You can download WebGuard for Android by clicking on the link on our website.
What are the features of WebGuard, consider them:
- Increases the speed of data processing and opening pages in the browser.
- Compresses pages, saving traffic.
- Protection when working in open Wi-Fi networks using data encryption.
- Does not allow user authentication.
- Hides the real IP address. You can “visit” Germany, France or the USA.
- Blocks ads, including video and banner ads.
- It blocks fraudulent websites, as well as sites that distribute malicious content.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Root rights are not required for work.
- Supports most mobile browsers.
- Traffic control.
- Ad blocking.
- When working with browsers with compression enabled, it can be unstable.
- Does not work on some 4G networks.
How to install
- Adguard content blocker
- Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security
- Free adblocker browser
- Virus Cleaner (Hi Security) - Antivirus, Accelerator
- Adblock Plus for Samsung Internet
- CM Browser-Ad Blocker, fast download, privacy
WebGuard - a web antivirus and firewall for Android with anonymity and compression, protects the mobile device from advertising, malicious websites, tracking and viruses without root rights while using the Internet in any web browser. Download the WebGuard extension for free through the Play Market link below in this article.