Dota 2 (Dota 2) - the most popular computer multiplayer game of the MOBA genre, which combines elements of strategic and role-playing games.
In this case, all the manipulations go online. In this article we will tell you how to install DotA 2 on a computer.
Steam (Steam) is a special service that deals with the legal online distribution of various kinds of content, and also plays the role of a powerful server platform for organizing online games.
Steam also serves the game Dota 2, and therefore, before installing it, you must register on the service. Your registration account will become an account in the game.
You cannot install Dota 2 bypassing Steam.
- Go to the account creation page of the official Steam website.
- Enter your desired account and email address.
- Set a password and select a security question.
- Enter the control information and accept the terms of the user agreement.
- Click the Create Account button.
Now you need to install the Steam client, for this:
- Download the installation file from the official Steam website. Not necessary look for installation files elsewhere! Take the risk of getting an unpleasant virus with him!
- Run the installation file and click Next in the first window.
- In the next window we accept the user agreement.
- Next, you need to choose the speed of your Internet connection - be guided by the speed that your provider usually provides you. This option will help Steam optimize your gameplay.
- Now select the language and then click the Install button - installation will begin.
- Upon completion of the installation, the program will notify you of the successful completion of this procedure.
That's it, now you can run Steam. At the first start, the program will require your account and password - enter the data and click OK.
Install and launch Dota
So, you are on Steam, so now you can install Dota 2. To do this:
- Open the tab of the program "Shop" and enter in the search bar "Dota 2".
- Click on the "Play" button next to the search result.
- The file will be added to your "Library" and the installation of the game will automatically begin. All that is required of you is to click "Next" in several windows.
- To launch Dota, go to the "Library" section and click on the game.
So that your efforts to install the client and the game are not wasted, please note that you can play Dota 2 only if your PC meets the following system requirements:
- Processor - at least 2 cores
- Clock frequency - from 2.6 GHz
- RAM - 3 GB minimum
- Video card - discrete with a memory of at least 512 MB
In addition, it is important that your PC has a good cooling system, most laptops, for example, cannot boast of such (unless, of course, this is a gaming laptop), and therefore, as a rule, after 20 minutes of the game they overheat. It should be noted that you can play, but the consequences for the laptop can be extremely unpleasant.
You can learn about the teaching technique from the article How to Learn to Play DotA 2.
How to register in STEAM?
In fact, it all starts not with the installation of the game, but with the registration of the account in STEAM. This is a service in which there are many games, including DOTA 2. Since this service belongs to the developers of DOTA 2, it is closely connected with the game itself and you cannot enter the game without it. Your STEAM account is actually a DOTA 2 account.
To register, you need to go to the steam registration page.
You need to fill out the registration form and click the "CREATE ACCOUNT" button.
Then you need to download and install the STEAM client on your computer, launch it and log in by entering the details of your newly created account.
What kind of project?
Before answering the question posed: the Dota 2 game, how to install it, is it better to first understand what this project is? "Dota 2" is a multiplayer team PvP adventure, which is primarily designed for team battles between players. Users are divided into two teams of 5 people and try to destroy the base of rivals using various characters, their unique abilities, auxiliary items and tactics. Battles take place on one large location with three directions and intermediate paths. Whose team is the first to destroy the opponent’s base will be considered the winner.
So, the game "Dota 2", how to install it on your computer? This question is quite simple to answer: just download the main files and start the installation process. The game project will automatically determine the location of the game client, allocate free space and install by placing a launch shortcut on the desktop. Everything is quite simple and has a standard procedure. Although it is worth considering the special requirement of the game, which is associated with the use of Steam. The fact is that Valve is responsible for the development of the game project, and this company is actively promoting its brainchild - Steam. Therefore, in order to be able to install the game itself, you will first have to download Steam and create an account there.
They often ask about the game "DotA 2": how to install without "Steam" and is it possible? Is it possible to get around the basic requirement? Unfortunately, there is only one answer to this question: no. Not a single pirated copy will allow you to play the original game using all servers, capabilities and achievements. You can play exclusively in the original version and only with the help of "Steam". Somehow to get around all this, and even more so to use cheats, various trainers and other programs will not work. "Dota 2" is the most secure multiplayer game that has no security flaws, therefore, absolutely everyone has to play honestly.
Steam as the basis of DotA 2
How to install the original version through "Steam"? We have already answered this question above. It is enough to download the Steam program itself on the PC, then find Dota 2, download all the necessary files and install the game. The installation process is fully automatic, except that it also offers to download a test server for a game project. Otherwise, your participation is not necessary, except that you need to create an account in "Steam". After a short wait for the download and update process, you can plunge into this virtual world and enjoy the gameplay.
So we answered this question: "Dota 2 game, how to install?" As it turned out, everything is quite simple and will not require certain efforts. It is enough to use the Steam network, and everything else will be done for you. Play the game, enjoy the virtual adventure and succeed.